In November 2017, the HomeKeeper team attended Dreamforce, the annual Salesforce conference. We joined 170,000 attendees from all over the world, to learn about new innovations, productivity tips, and making an impact. In addition to technical skill-building, Dreamforce highlighted thought leaders like Michelle Obama and others trailblazers focused on diversity in technology.
Check out our highlights and access free Dreamforce resources to help make your programs better.
HomeKeeper Users Speak at Dreamforce
The HomeKeeper team was delighted to see two HomeKeeper users share their valuable perspectives.
1. Tom Tosuksri of CHN Housing Partners explained how he taught himself Salesforce and other technology, in order to streamline program operations and enhance their capacity to affect change. Tom stressed the importance of seeking training and building community with resources like the HomeKeeper support forum.
2. Lauren Shaughnessy of Habitat for Humanity Greater San Francisco shared how to utilize reports and dashboards to assess if your programs are working. For example, after switching the intake process from phone to online, Lauren’s dashboard proved that Greater San Francisco was able to process 4x the number of intakes.
Salesforce.org is Dedicated to Your Success
The Salesforce.org Product Roadmap highlighted recent improvements, such as a new NPSP Reports Workbook, and improved donation management with Batch Import Processing. Salesforce.org also announced Expedition Impact, which will work with nonprofit leaders nationwide, to improve mission measurement and track program efficiency. Stay tuned!
Get Ready for Lightning
Salesforce released the Lightning user interface over two years ago, and the latest releases have features we’re really excited about. Learn about Lightning here.
In Lightning, Administrators have more control, such as custom page layouts and home pages. Users will enjoy improved dashboards, an easier report builder, and more.
HomeKeeper is committed to becoming Lightning Ready in 2018. If your organization is using Lightning, let us know what you think.
Dreamforce is a Great Place to Meet
Upper left: With former HomeKeeper developer, Laura Meerkatz, now at Salesforce.org
Upper right: With current HomeKeeper developer, Vladimir Martinov of Daizylogic
Lower right: Meeting users Kylie Dayton (Habitat for Humanity Sonoma County) and Kate Carden (CHN Housing Partners)
Access Dreamforce Resources from your Desk
We would love to see more HomeKeeper users at Dreamforce next year! If attending in person is not be possible, you can access a lot of content for free.
- Watch highlights from 2017 at https://www.salesforce.com/video/ or 2017 Nonprofit Dreamforce Sessions
- Favorite Sessions for HomeKeeper Users (Recordings will be posted by Salesforce)
- Check out our Dreamforce 2016 post for more informative videos!