2014 Training and Support Schedule
The training and support services vary based on where the program is in the enrollment process. New users receive one-on-one web-based orientation and more intensive assistance as they begin to use the system. Ongoing user support is primarily delivered through online forums includes an extensive knowledge base with task specific instructions, how-to videos and other documentation as well as a formal support ticket system. Face-to-face group trainings are offered at least once a year. Support requests must be submitted by email or online and cannot be initiated by telephone. That said, it is possible support tickets initiated via email result in a 1-1 phone call in order to resolve the user’s issues.
Online Documentation and User Support:
We have developed a state of the art user friendly knowledge base accessed at Support.MyHomeKeeper.org. Resources available include:
• User announcements and product updates
• Setup and getting started instructions and orientation materials
• User manual with step-by-step instructions
• How-to guides for common tasks
• Recordings of trainings
• User Tips and Tricks
• Links to related third-party support, resources and products
• User Questions and Answers
Individual Support Requests:
Paying Members can submit support tickets at Support.MyHomeKeeper.org or by emailing support@MyHomeKeeper.org. Our Member Support Associate fields all support requests and refer technical tickets to an outside contractor when necessary.
We provide limited assistance to new HomeKeeper users during the setup process. The setup process is outlined for new users online. We meet with new users for a 1 hour meeting prior to installation to review their completed New User Setup survey and answer any questions. At that time, we also screen users organization for additional support required by the organization for data migration, custom configuration, or multi-site setup. Users interested in advanced or custom setup support are referred to salesforce.com developers.
One-on-one orientation for new users
Once HomeKeeper has been installed, HomeKeeper users attend a web-based orientation meeting lasting approximately 2 hours. Additional meetings can be scheduled up to 6 hours within the first 3 months of installation. Prior to the first meeting, users are asked to prepare for the meeting by completing setup worksheets and signing up for an account at homekeeper.zendesk.com .
Purpose of the one-on-one Orientation meetings
- General orientation to HomeKeeper
- Orientation to HomeKeeper Support Forums
- Setting up historical AMI data
- Entering a complete buyer and transaction file from beginning to end
- Establish next steps for moving forward withHomeKeeper adoption
Webinars are the primary means by which group training is offered. Webinars are scheduled at least 6 times a year and are recorded for future reference. They can be found in the members-only training forum in the Knowledge Base.
- January 31 – Annual Recap and Roadmap meeting
- February 19 – Appraisal Training
- April 19 – Exit Surveys
- May 28 – 1.10 Release
- June 12 – Entering a Resale
- August 27 – Housing Opportunities
- October 30 – Collaborate with Chatter
- December 4 – Data Import and Maintenance
In Person Training
In person trainings are offered at least once a year for an additional training fee. Content and frequency will be dependent on interest, level and experience of attendees. Training fees will be set to cover the costs of producing the training (room rental, A/V support, internet connection, trainers).
- May 1 – Community Land Trust Network Conference – HomeKeeper Training
We host monthly “Office Hour” webinar meetings where users can call in and get questions answered on the spot. The agenda is left open and the content will be based on user questions. Whenever possible, a salesforce developer is on hand for the call. Additional written documentation is developed for the Support Forums based on questions and documentation requests that arise on these calls. 2013 Calendar:
- January 10 – Office Hours
- February 14 – Office Hours
- March 14 – Ask-me-Anything Office Hours (Hot Topic: Real Estate Development in HomeKeeper)
- May 9 – Ask-me-Anything Office Hours
- June 12 – Office Hours
- July 11 – Office Hours
- August 8 – Office Hours
- September 12 – Office Hours
- October 10 – Office Hours
- November 14 – Office Hours
- December 12 – Office Hours
Advanced and Custom Training
Users can request and schedule additional advanced or customized trainings either in person or via the webinar platform. We can provide an estimate to interested organizations based on anticipated prep and delivery time required. Content developed for individual trainings may be re-used or posted at homekeeper.zendesk.com for others to reference.